|From Lupita Nyong'o's Acceptance Speech at the Oscars 2014|
Thursday, March 6, 2014
In the Oscar Award this year, Frozen won for Best Original Song. It is sang by Idina Menzel, a Broadway and movie actress. Unfortunately, in the Oscars Award John Travolta introduced her as Adele Dazeem. Social networking sites made fun of him. Anyway, Idina Menzel as professional and talented as she is, gave an impressive performance. According to her, it was a dream come true to perform in the Oscars. The audience gave her a standing ovation which she absolutely deserves. The composers of the song were Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez. Filipinos are so proud of Robert Lopez because he is the first Fil-Am to win the prestigious award.
Watch Idina Menzel's captivating performance now.
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Know more about American Idol Season 13 Top 13. The top 10 was chosen by America and the top 3, C.J. Harris, Jena Irene and Kristen O'Connor were chosen by the judges.
1. Malaya Watson - has a wide range of voice; has a lot of potential. I hope she picks the right song because I want to see her more in the show. I love her goofy personality.
2. Sam Woolf - a simple guy with a simple voice and America voted for him. Likeable.
3. C.J Harris - needs to choose a song that will connect him with the audience if he wants to stay longer in the show.
4. MK Nobilette - the show's first openly gay contestant. She picked the right song that showcased her voice.
5. Jena Irene - a top contender; has a great voice. Very talented.
6. Dexter Roberts - a country singer. Weak contender. Performance is forgettable.
7. Emily Piriz - got criticized by Harry Connick, Jr for song choice. Performance quite boring.
8. Majesty Rose - Very talented. Has a unique voice. Definitely a strong contender. I predict she and Caleb Johnson will be in the finale.
9. Ben Briley - Another country singer. Passionate singer.
10. Alex Preston - has a unique voice. Unpredictable. Very talented.
11. Kristen O'Connor - chosen by the judges to be in the top 13. Got criticized by Keith Urban during Wild Card Performance but got lucky. She chose a safe song.
12. Jessica Meuse - a fighter, determined to win. She has a great voice but the judges didn't like her song choice in the wild card performance. She has the potential to shine.
13. Caleb Johnson - a strong contender in the finale. He's comfortable performing on stage. He
has a great voice and the judges are impressed on how he performs.
Who do you think are the strong contenders for this season?
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
American Idol 13 has made good changes. Thank goodness, no more Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj fight. There are two reasons that makes the show interesting and fun to watch. First, the show has great judges, great performer Jennifer Lopez is back after missing season 12, charming Keith Urban returned on his 2nd year, and the show's new judge, the hilarious and very talented Harry Connick, Jr. Second, Fil-Am Malaya Watson and Marrialle Sellars made it to the top 31.
Malaya Watson, is a 16 year old girl who hails from Detroit, Michigan. She's a tuba player in Southfield High School. Malaya means freedom in English. In the audition round, judges are impressed by her vocals. In the solo round, she sang I Believe by Fantasia Barrino which earned her a standing ovation from two judges, Keith Urban and Jennifer Lopez. She was hitting the high notes. Harry Connick, Jr saw a potential in her and that she can be a star.
Marrialle Sellars, a 17 year old senior student in Indianapolis and auditioned in Detroit. In the audition, she wowed the judges by her version of Grenade by Bruno Mars. Harry Connick, said, "You’re going to be a nightmare for the other competitors in this competition." In the solo round, she sang Miley Cyrus' hit song Wrecking Ball.
Both made right choice of songs and able to showcased their talent.
However, Rush Week is different. It will be intense. Expectations are high.
Will they be able to handle the pressure?
Who do you think has the edge and will be in the semi-finals?
Sunday, November 1, 2009
He was a great entertainer because of his charisma. He's so adorable. Despite of his appearance he was still loved by many. Envied by many. Watching This Is It made me realized -- HE IS A CREATIVE GENIUS. His ideas were very different and original. And yet very captivating. It was always said that he was humble and shy, yes he was. In the rehearsals he tried to correct others in a nice way. He expressed his ideas in a loving way. He will always say that he do things with love. The director, Kenny Ortega had a great collaboration with Michael Jackson in the production and choreography. Great partnership.
According to the news, Michael Jackson's kids were with him in the rehearsals but noticeably not given exposures in the film. Until now, their privacy is protected. Anyway, This Is It will give the viewers a chance to see how Michael Jackson works, a perfectionist indeed.
An applause and a standing ovation for Michael Jackson. THE GREATEST ENTERTAINER WHO EVER LIVED!